Sunday, July 30, 2023

My Music Collection #9: Blue Oyster Cult (Self-Titled)


 This is Blue Oyster Cult's debut album which was released on January 16, 1972. I had this on cassette when I was a teenager decades ago. The group was a rock radio mainstay at the time. The one track that I remember was "Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll". I lost or donated the cassette long ago. I recently replaced it with CD version which adds some bonus tracks. It's not a bad album and if you're into BOC  it's worth it if you like deep tracks. For myself, the tunes "Cities on Flame With Rock and Roll" and "The Came the Last Days of May"(they liked long song titles), are the ones that stand out. 





Song List:

  1. Transmaniacon MC
  2. I'm on the Lamb but I Ain't no Sheep
  3. Then Came the Last Days of May
  4. Stairway to the Stars
  5. Before the Kiss, a Redcap
  6. Screams
  7. She's as Beautiful as a Foot
  8. Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll
  9. Workshop of the Telescopes
  10. Redeemed
  11. Donovan's Monkey*
  12. What is Quicksand?*
  13. A Fact About Sneakers*
  14. Betty Lou's Got a New Pair of Sneakers*
*CD Bonus Tracks (2001)

Produced by David Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment