Sunday, July 9, 2023

My Music Collection #4: Love Transcends - Jackie Venson

 



Love Transcends by Jackie Venson.



 I was blown away when I discovered Jackie doing a live version “Rollin’ On” on Tik Tok(full video above). She’s an incredible blues guitarist and singer. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard of her before. This is a self-produced album on CD-r and as a bonus includes an autographed picture. Worth checking out if you’re into the blues. She is an Austin, Texas native and attended Berklee College of Music. This is her third studio album(self-released) which I ordered from her Bandcamp site and I think it may be available on her website.


Song list:
  1. One Step Forward
  2. Down by the Riverside*/Up Above My Head**
  3. Always Free
  4. 'Til This Pain Goes Away
  5. Rollin' On
  6. See What You Want
  7. Cover My Eyes
  8. Fall of the USA
  9. Love Transcends
  10. Rollin' On (Acoustic)
  11. Love Transcends (Acoustic)




Music & Lyrics by Jackie Venson except where noted.
* Author Unknown/Negro Spiritual
** Sister Rosetts Tharpe
Produced by Tim Palmer
Released 9/24/21





Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment